Field of Dreams game ends with walkoff HR…

Posted by on August 13, 2021 7:42 am

SPORTS JUNKIES -- CHECK OUT GUTSMACK

MLB’s Field of Dreams game ended in Hollywood fashion on Thursday night.

Chicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson crushed a two-run homer off New York Yankees pitcher Zack Britton in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the White Sox a thrilling 9-8 walk-off win.

“A walkoff into the corn at #MLBatFieldofDreams. Couldn’t write a better script,” the MLB tweeted.

MORE HIGHLIGHTS:

“30 years ago on the other side of that corn we filmed a movie that stood the test of time. Tonight, thanks to that enduring impact that that little movie had, it’s allowed us to come here again.”

Notify of
guest
58 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Bob Hasty
Bob Hasty
1 month ago

I don’t watch baseball anymore, but I do miss what it used to be.

Mike
Mike
1 month ago

Great finish, great setting. Too bad there are not about 180 ” pro MLB teams playing in cozy parks amid corn fields, apple orchards and cattle ranches all over. Too bad NBA games aren’t played on lit playgrounds in middle of urban blight and games don’t start til 10pm. Hockey needs to be played outside on frozen lakes, ponds or rivers and no two are the same size. The Raiders need to be back in Oakland, a cozy stadium built in middle of industrial zone and surrounded by dive bars, strip clubs, biker hangouts and cowboy bars. And for Christ sake call the Indians the Indians.

David
David
1 month ago

Probably was a script. Too bad no one was watching the movie.

Tashon Ferguson
Tashon Ferguson
1 month ago

WHO CARES? IM SPEND MY TIME DEFEATING DEMOCRATS!

Paul Cavigliano
Paul Cavigliano
1 month ago

Wtf? This reminded me of why I dont watch professional sports anymore.

RayUSA
RayUSA
1 month ago

They should have had Willie Brown throw out the first pitch with Commiela Harris catching.

RayUSA
RayUSA
1 month ago

After the MLB went ‘woke,’ they’re trying to appeal to their real fan base.

RayUSA
RayUSA
1 month ago

What did they have to pay Costner for his schtick? Bet it wasn’t cheap.

WizGeeker
WizGeeker
1 month ago

Is there video software that blurs ‘ke swooshes, ‘zon smiles, ‘oke and other woke-ified logos, so I’m not offended and triggered. Please help. I don’t have a therapy dog, a blankee, or ‘tifa tranqs. My pronouns are ditz/datz.

Off_a_Journalist
Off_a_Journalist
1 month ago

BFD. Costner is a Woke tool. Hollywood is filled with Woke tools. MLB is filled with BLM Woke tools.

Kevin Ryan
Kevin Ryan
1 month ago

See how humble Anderson acted. You would have thought he was Hank Aaron or Ernie Banks. Class in a sport figure is a forgotten thing. Hotdog showboat. First highlight I have watched in 2 years. Now I know why I do not watch Major League sports any longer.

Kaiju99
Kaiju99
1 month ago

I enjoyed the NHL game played at the ‘Slapshot’ arena better

Jim1937
Jim1937
1 month ago

Did they take a knee or was the BLM anthem played instead of the National Anthem?

Bob Hasty
Bob Hasty
Reply to  Jim1937

Funny, they didn’t show that …

HawaiiRules
HawaiiRules
1 month ago

F the MLB, traitors to America . Haven’t watched a single game since they made clear they’re shills for the democrats.

Julia
Julia
1 month ago

It was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen…(laughed at hubby for watching this dribble)

Tommy Gee
Tommy Gee

yaaaaaaaaawn ……………….

suddley duddley
suddley duddley
1 month ago

You know the movie it’s not real right?

KMA
KMA
1 month ago

I opened this link solely to leave a nasty comment to MLB (and the NFL and especially to the NBA).

You are all the sh!t of the earth.

Mr. Wolfie
Mr. Wolfie

B F D

Half Wit
Half Wit
1 month ago

MLB clearly couldn’t care less about human rights given all of the Nike gear on it’s players.

Newton
Newton

Field of Dreams?

MLB IS THE FIELD OF FECES!!!

TOTAL FARCE … NOT WATCHING EVER ….. FU MLB!

If any of you watched these kneelers, YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE TRAITORS THEMSELVES!

Chuck
Chuck
Reply to  Newton

Not one player kneeled, all stood at attention, many with hands or caps over hearts during National Anthem..both teams. How many years did you serve this nation in uniform? I did almost 30 years..you are a traitor and globalists piece of trash if you voted for or supported politicians that sent us to Iraq and kept us in Afghanistan for 20 years. No reason for that crap. The players not responsible for what MLB did with moving ALL Star game. We soldiers are/were not responsible for the politicians you voted for.

Jerry
Jerry
Reply to  Chuck

You mean the politicians that get voted in from rigged elections??

Ron P
Ron P
Reply to  Chuck

Don’t we still have a Volunteer Military? How are you not responsible for crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan? Your Rah Rah go Kill the Imaginary Brown Enemy bullshit is exactly to blame.

If nobody Volunteers, the US cannot goto war for 20 Years… Or they’d have to institute a draft which would give you plausible deniability… But nope, you proudly served up some Pain, like a bloodthirsty dope fiend.

And don’t say that you were just following orders… Cause yer a grown Man… Act like one,

Jjm
Jjm
Reply to  Ron P

Take your anger out at the Deep State politicians that have bankrupted our treasury, our culture, our hearts and our souls. Don’t direct at the foot soldiers that had no choice!

Jim1937
Jim1937
Reply to  Chuck

BS, I served 20 years in the military and fully support Newton. You are pathetic!

Trump1
Trump1
1 month ago

MLB would literally have to raise the dead and have them play in the field of dreams for me to be even remotely interested. What they did to move the all star game from Atlanta this year, did it for me. Same with the NFL. Don’t need sports if they’re going to be political.

Rico Soros
Rico Soros
Reply to  Trump1

The Woke Pro teams are dead to me

JHG
JHG
1 month ago

I love baseball & football but MLB & NFL’s support of the hypocritical, communist BLM, the purveyor of hate & division has made me stop going to games or buying their products.

I’m all in with the PBR where men from both America, Brazil & a variety of other countries take on 1600lbs kick-ass monster athletes with guts, honor & respect. Real heart in those boys, nobody tougher. Respectful!

Field of Dreams & today’s MLB have nothing in common except for the grass.

Khalus
Khalus
1 month ago

Too bad both Costner and the MLB are anti-American or this would have had meaning!

MeHere
MeHere
1 month ago

MLB players took a knee and I stopped caring. F ’em all, just like NFL, NBA and NHL.

giles blyzzard
giles blyzzard

Yawn.

Anna
Anna
1 month ago

Yeah MLB has gone woke but this game in Dyersville, Iowa next door to the Field of Dreams field was something that was destined to be special. After last year’s cancellation the expectation was even higher. The visitors and players were bringing all their child like love of the game to this one game. I would have been there if I could have.

Bidensdiaper
Bidensdiaper
1 month ago

Baseball is upper boring……unless you have beer

eric
eric
Reply to  Bidensdiaper

eh

TheTodd
TheTodd
Reply to  Bidensdiaper

Just came here to make a fool out of yourself? Show everyone what a Drunk you are? Both?

ToucheDoritos
ToucheDoritos
1 month ago

Well someone finally thought outside the box to inspire fans to come back to America’s past time. If they can keep doing this, without any more woke, no more blm anti-cop crap, without politics of any kind, just love for America, it just might work.

Little League Baseball is Better
Little League Baseball is Better
1 month ago

Best moment of the night….Gerritt Cole telling the announcers that covid felt like a really bad flu. The silence was deafening. Anyone else catch that?

MeHere
MeHere
1 month ago

How could I with the boycott and all?!

President Donald J. Trumper
President Donald J. Trumper
1 month ago

I needed that. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Nunaya Beezwhacks
Nunaya Beezwhacks
1 month ago

‘What Difference At This Point Does It Make?!’

marqfive
marqfive
1 month ago

Totally disgraced that hallowed place. Fake game. Totally scripted to end that way. Prove us wrong.

Chuck
Chuck
Reply to  marqfive

Grow up you Rube.

Brian
Brian
Reply to  marqfive

I agree. Of COURSE they didn’t kneel. This was MLB desperate to resurrect their ratings & attendance.
Withe these guys’ talent, all they need is an 80mph fastball down the middle on a pre-determined pitch. Only stupid people believe it was legit.

StevefromOhio
StevefromOhio
1 month ago

You can’t have MLB without BLM….according to many who play this game.

BTW..Trump 1

This could have been heaven
This could have been heaven
1 month ago

Woah…. The comments are different….
Oh that baseball thing? Wish it mattered. Wish that it wasn’t just to make up for their garbage stunt this year. “Oh yeah just sprinkle some Mickey Magic on it and everybody will forget!” Nope

BanProSports
BanProSports
1 month ago

How many players turned their back on our flag? They’ve blown their wad with me.

Scrub
Scrub
Reply to  BanProSports

Professional sports is dead to me. They have no heart or patriotism.

Joshua2415
Joshua2415

Movie was good.
MLB sucks.

Ray Ray
Ray Ray
1 month ago

This is not a news site. This game occurred Thursday night.

Flackfizer
Flackfizer
1 month ago

With an extended hat tip to W.P. Kinsella, rest in peace, without whose inspired imagination this film would have never been made.

Mike
Mike
1 month ago

Screw MLB! Anti American Pigs!!

Bongo Bear
Bongo Bear
1 month ago

I boycotted pro sports, and I won’t be back, until we reverse this stolen election, kick ass, take names, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Time to clean house.

Last edited 1 month ago by Bongo Bear
kittypigeon
kittypigeon

I absolutely agree.
That is the stuff which makes baseball special; it’s the stuff I miss.
Used to be though,
a man would make that hit, run the bases and celebrate in the clubhouse, not this jumping and hand gestures and goofy stuff.
I know, I know.
I sound like an old man.
Well,
I am an old man,
and that makes me part of the only subset in society today who can afford to go to the game,
so yeah,
my opinion counts on this.

Bob Friday
Bob Friday

Man it’s dusty in here!

EndTyrannyNow
EndTyrannyNow
1 month ago

This really was a magical game. I’m mad at MLB, but I’ll give them a pass on this one.

Northern lights
Northern lights
Reply to  EndTyrannyNow

As an Iowan, I am so proud of how this was presented! Hail 2 days prior dang near ruined the cornstalks, but Iowans came together using plastic rods to help the cornstalks heal and look magnificent for the game! Best ratings for a regular baseball game in 16 years and streamlining was phenomenal as well! Tickets for Iowans was thru lottery and if lucky enough the avg price was $350’ish for the bleachers and up for better seating…scalped tickets started at $1500. I can’t imagine what the producers/announcers and even some of the players encountered from their experience of playing ball Dyersville, Iowa…definitely not the bubble they normally live and play in!