Max Kellerman — ‘NFL is racist because Justin Fields is falling in mock drafts’…

Posted by on April 27, 2021 5:40 pm

SPORTS JUNKIES -- CHECK OUT GUTSMACK

ESPN began the week by lying to its readers, publishing a column accusing the NFL of racism against black quarterbacks. — “When it comes to black quarterbacks in particular, the NFL has long gone out of its way to keep the position as white as the painted yard lines on the field.”

But Johnson didn’t go far enough for ESPN brass. Max Kellerman, who has long acted as the race apologist on ESPN, continued to push the lie that American sports are inherently racist on Tuesday.

“What I’ve noticed in recent years, after decades of artificial barriers being put in place for Black QBs, that Black QBs tend to fall pre-draft,” Kellerman said on ESPN’s First Take.

There’s only one problem with Kellerman’s take — It’s simply not true.

None of these ESPN talents are willing to explain why Jameis Winston, Jamarcus Russell, Cam Newton, Kyler Murray, and Michael Vick all went first overall in the NFL Draft.

Notify of
guest
83 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
AussieHub
AussieHub
10 days ago

They are racist because they have different colored uniforms and they are trying to beat the team that is a different color. I’m calling the cops and then BLM to protest the cops!

Chaz
Chaz
10 days ago

Irrelevant POS Who cares signing your own death warrant!! Oh I don’t watch anyway….

GKThornhill
GKThornhill
10 days ago

I don’t, and haven’t for decades, watch pro football. Never heard of any of the quarterbacks listed, save for Michael Vick…a distant bell rang in my memory of a dog-fighting incident.

CFSports
CFSports
10 days ago

Also Max Kellerman is indeed a clown. His brother was murdered by a black boxer – James Butler…no doubt Kellerman blames the murder on white supremacists.

CFSports
CFSports
10 days ago

So here’s the deal with professional sports. A caste system exists – sports are most certainly not a meritocracy and sports were one of the first “pillars” weaponized by the left in their battle to denigrate white males. Am I saying that there are not good to great black athletes? Absolutely not. Am I saying that over the past 40+ years white players are ignored and discriminated against – Yes indeed.

I have followed the draft for the past 16 years and used to be a big time NFL fan. Now I am more of a reluctant observer. Back in my early 20s I got into the whole amateur draftnik thing but began to question why so few white athletes especially at positions like WR, RB, Defensive back were being drafted. I made the obvious connections when reading about white prospects – usually the same tired clichés were applied to every white player: “Gym Rat”, “Blue collar”, “Brings his lunch pail everyday”, “Tight Hips”, “Quicker than fast”, “technician” etc. – pretty much anything to not describe a white player as actually being athletic.

I have seen white players openly mocked and denigrated on national TV – during the combine just look at how the comments made when Penn St Safety Troy Apke ran a 4.3 40. I also saw Steve Smith refer to white safety Cody Davis as a “unicorn” before he and the rest of the blacks on the pre game show started cackling. These are two examples and they are most certainly not isolated events.

The discrimination against white athletes starts more or less during the recruiting process. Look up Zane Dudek for the case of a dominant white running back getting completely ignored by all Division 1 schools. Again this is just one example of thousands over the years. Colleges/Universities, coaches, recruiters, boosters all play a role in this – check out any recruiting site and you can see how the caste system works – WRs, RBs, CBs and Safeties magically disappear. If you look at high school football there are thousands of white athletes that should be granted the opportunity to play at the Division 1 level but are simply ignored because they are the wrong color.

I apologize for the long post but want to get this message out and also promote a site that supports white athletes, is full of members that know what is going on and tracks the discrimination. The site is http://www.castefootball.us

Here is a quick write up I did looking back at the 2001 and 2011 drafts. Their is very little deviation between them in terms of the percentage of white athletes drafted – 2001 was around 21% and 2011 around 23%. Any draft this century pretty much hovers around that mark.

Again, I just wanted to invite anyone who shares this same perspective and may even have personal experience to join the site.

Ted
Ted
10 days ago

It’s Stephen A. Who sounds relentlessly racist and magpie-like in his racial ranting. He has never seen a white QB he has liked.

Az Schumi
Az Schumi

BLACK FATIGUE….

Plain and simple

Just F’N TIRED OF IT

Captain Hindsight
Captain Hindsight
10 days ago

IF he’s also talking about the NBA,..I’d agree that league is Racist. It’s 98% Blacks.

Elvis357
Elvis357
10 days ago

This makes me laugh. Who cares what the effin NFL or ESPN say? I wasn’t aware anyone even watched either anymore.
Incidentally, if the new word of the week is “EQUITY” what does ESPN and Goodell say about a certain demographic being way over-represented in the NFL? How about some equity here. Just askin’

Richard Gorski
Richard Gorski
10 days ago

When you have no argument just scream RACIST! RACIST! SO Pathetic its laughable.

Moose
Moose
10 days ago

Lets just populate all sports by race if we are going with the equality and equity route. Lets use the census bureau numbers. I am good with this. I am just playing by the radical lefts rules.

White alone 76% or White alone not Hispanic or Latino 60%
Black 13%
Native/American Indian 1%
Asian 5%
Hispanic/Latino 18.5%

Enufodis Enufodat
Enufodis Enufodat
10 days ago

Why not be honest and bring the average IQ scores of the “races” into the argument?

Knob Bobber
Knob Bobber
10 days ago

The guy does make an excellent point that I think we are all overlooking: the lines on the field are in fact white. And further they look a lot like the bars of a jail cell. The jail cell that has so many of my black brothers and sisters sitting in cause the color of their skin. I don’t think any brothers need to be playing in the NFL for whitey. Winter sports are out too.

smackdaddy
smackdaddy
Reply to  Knob Bobber

I guess some people don’t see sarcasm when they see it.

Rusoviet Tovarich
Rusoviet Tovarich

Kellerman’s is a putz

Dave
Dave
10 days ago

Driving a racial divide is designed to keep blacks convinced they’re victims and to keep them on the demonrat “plantation”. The worst thing that could happen for the left is for blacks to lose their sense of “victimhood” and come to recognize the demonrat party as their enemy (which of course they are). Victimhood and dependency are the two most important lies for the leftists to promote to keep blacks marching in lockstep.

JeffC
JeffC
10 days ago

As a white person, I demand equity in the NBA and NFL……70% white players would be statistically accurate.

Richard Gorski
Richard Gorski
Reply to  JeffC

Come on Man that’s different. It’s only racist if blacks dont get what they want you know that.

JeffC
JeffC

Wokeness killed ESPN….newsflash….Its a sports channel, not NPR, MSNBC, or CNN

Gregory M Kay
Gregory M Kay
10 days ago

The NFL..the freaking over-the-top, groveling, PC NFL…is RACIST?

c2c84ac3a5b4d37fa9300b147d3daa42240685c15e4284b5df94e493c1bc57c8.jpg
Vonsteever
Vonsteever
10 days ago

Max Kellerman is ESPN’s version of Keith Olbermann?

Hey Max, STFU and stick to boxing.

Ducky Daff
Ducky Daff
10 days ago

NFL = Not For Long. Would love to see the league fold up and go away… sick of the anti-white wokesters!

Lee Bertie
Lee Bertie
10 days ago

I’ll defer to their expertese….but they’re racists. OK

Neil Mellberg
Neil Mellberg
10 days ago

I think we need quotes in sports doesn’t matter how good you are let’s start with the NBA say 60% brown/black players and 40% white/tan players

Dave
Dave
Reply to  Neil Mellberg

Quotas… yeah, like affirmative action for whites in sports. Can you imagine the reaction by black players as they were denied positions on teams because the team’s white quota hadn’t been met?! Ha!!

Andrew Pitts
Andrew Pitts
10 days ago

I find the erudite discussions on race theory to be about as useful as Bobby Costas’ lectures on gun control. Boo-ya!

EddieGin
EddieGin
10 days ago

All sports are just modern-day circuses*especially NASCAR that the *Un-washed masses have needed for the last 5K years to relax from working; however, this is the first time in history that the *Un-washed masses are paying these blokes more than a sandwich a day. BIG Re-set coming down on these circus performers. Society can’t go on paying these simpletons this type of money or respect our BIG experience went down the wrong rabbit hole with these Blokes.

scrappy
scrappy
Reply to  EddieGin

There was a reason classical cultures considered athletes and actors lower classes.

donnieboy
donnieboy
10 days ago

i dumped espn when they killed their comments on the internet several years ago so as to protect blacks and white females from critique and so as to advance the anti-white male agenda that was building. i may look stupid but that doesn’t mean i am stupid.

M B
M B

Max Kellerman = Keith Olbermann 2.0

Not someone you want to imitate Max

Barry
Barry
10 days ago

This is a racist article.

Free Homeland Tix
Free Homeland Tix
10 days ago

Because that’s all they have. Sports and “you owe us for slavery”.

Steve Armstrong
Steve Armstrong
10 days ago

The only pro football I watch is the Super Bowl, and that’s only because of the squares. I guess you could compare the players to mice that I bet on at the Elks Lodge. Yes NFL, you’re like mice. Pawns for my gambling.

Paul Volk
Paul Volk
10 days ago

One of the reasons I dumped the Dish and refuse to go back to any type of TV was being forced by subscription to support ESPN and the leftist news channels. Not to mention having to pay to NOT watch football, etc.

scotty
scotty
10 days ago

Who Cares about football anymore? Who cares about ESPN?

Dave
Dave
Reply to  scotty

It’s to bad to…. I used to live and breath football, now it makes me sick! We are Not a racist Country and for the Demoncrats to make us that way only makes division worse!

safhornet
safhornet
10 days ago

I don’t watch ESPN and have no clue about any of the players they are talking about. I gave up watching several tears ago. Cut able becuase I did not want to be forced to pay for sh*tshows like these douche bags.

If this Max idiot really beleives this crap, then why does he not resign and force ESPN to backfill him with a minority. He is abusing his white privledge by talking a job from someone disadvantaged.

Toilet Bowl
Toilet Bowl
10 days ago

If you need to judge a qb by skin color… Well, Ok then, espn… In general terms, young black qbs are athletic and can scramble/run. They are not “students” of the game like white qbs who stay in the pocket, try to put the ball in receivers hands or throw balls out of bounds (aka make smart decisions). Defenses tend to adapt much more easily to qbs who run and can’t make audibles or reads. These qbs have short careers.

30-06
30-06
10 days ago

I agree with the fact the National Felons League is racist and must cease to exist. Goodbye ESPN and all you other pinkos out there. Hope to see ya in a urine-stained tent living in a dirty alley

Alabamz
Alabamz
10 days ago

So if it is racist to have a predominate amount of white people at the oscars….why is it ok to have a predominate number of black people in football? Just asking. Doesn’t matter your role on the feild. NFL is saturated with people of color. Why aren’t we pushing for EOE here?

Jbkurl
Jbkurl
10 days ago

“Racism” is specific acts committed by specific individuals. The problem is that we as a society have accepted this notion of racism as being some nameless, faceless “systemic” problem that plagues all of us. That’s BS, and unless Max can tell me exactly “who” is acting racist in the mock drafts, he is BS too.

Beentheredonethat2
Beentheredonethat2
10 days ago

ESPN is the big reason I dropped cable. Did not want a dime of my money going to them.

Furia
Furia
10 days ago

Don’t watch that network anymore.

Brian9999
Brian9999
10 days ago

ESPN has always been unwatchable

Barry Soetoro
Barry Soetoro
10 days ago

If you look at statistics then the NFL is systemically racist and has an entrenched Black Supremacy system that is inequitable. Time for some serious conversation and a diversity plan with quotas.

Last edited 10 days ago by Barry Soetoro
DT46.
DT46.

What is ESPN?

Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers
10 days ago

When will these people realize only a small fraction of their audience agrees with these stances. I swear all these woke people have personality disorders. Most of them are Histrionic personality disorder and a lot are Dependent personality disorder but most all of them are mentally ill with a savior complex

Lauren Tayzor
Lauren Tayzor
10 days ago

Kellerman: NAME the “artificial barriers” you claim are put up for black QBs!!!

You can’t—because it’s BS that you made up.

Merit. Performance. Can this guy help our team? That’s all that matters and you know it, Chump.

Sprockets
Sprockets
10 days ago

The NFL has nothing to do with mock drafts, those are all done by analysts at ESPN and other sports news companies.

So are they the real racists?

Micho
Micho
10 days ago

Max, you love to bring up the white black controversy, that’s why your a clown ass media type..

Trav
Trav
10 days ago

Biggest clown ever. Injects his foolish leftist political stance in almost everything he says

Dan S
Dan S
10 days ago

This is why I’ve walked away from sports and everything ESPN. When everything is racist, nothing is racist.

Tempest Tossed
Tempest Tossed
10 days ago

It has less to do with the color of his skin and more to do with the school he’s from. Name an OSU QB that has had a sustained successful NFL career. Yep—there are none. OSU plays Slippery Rock Community College that makes its players look like men among boys. Fields will fail in the NFL.

BoB
BoB
10 days ago

This is exactly the opposite opinion of when ESPN canned Rush Limbaugh back in the 00″s. Because Limbaugh said McNabb was over valued as a qb BECAUSE he was black. which i never agreed with, but Rush had the right to say it and not be attacked by a bunch of racist insurgent media, who think only white people should be criticized.

effu
effu
10 days ago

I NEVER watch ESPN. It is a joke.